- Aspen: The History of A Silver-Mining Town, 1879-1893 (University Press of Colorado, 2000)
- Coal People: Life in Southern Colorado's Company Towns, 1890-1930 (Colorado Historical Society, 1999)
- Denver: Mining Camp to Metropolis (University Press of Colorado, 1990)
- Hard as the Rock Itself: Place and Identity in the American Mining Town (University Press of Colorado, 2013)
- History of Leadville and Lake County, Colorado (Colorado Historical Society, 1996)
- The Rise of the Silver Queen: Georgetown, Colorado, 1859-1896 (University Press of Colorado, 2005)
- Rocky Mountain Boom Town: A History of Durango, Colorado (University Press of Colorado, 1992)
- Silver Saga: The Story of Caribou, Colorado (University Press of Colorado, 2003)
- A Tale of Two Towns: A Mining and a Farming Community in the 1890s (University Press of Colorado, 1997)
- When Coal Was King: A History of Crested Butte, Colorado, 1880-1952 (Colorado School of Mines, 1984)
- Yellowcake Towns: Uranium Mining Communities in the American West (University Press of Colorado, 2002)
Colorado Mining Towns
In our library's collection you can find a number of books and websites that tell the story of Colorado's mining towns. A sampling of these resources includes:
By Amy Zimmer - March 21, 2016
If you've lived in Colorado for any length of time, chances are you own a copy of the Colorado Cache Cookbook or one of the other cookbo...
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Are you frustrated with the number of unwanted phone calls you receive? The No Call List has been in place for nearly two decades now, but ...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...