- Lawn Care
- Renovating the Home Lawn
- Homeowner's Guide to Fertilizing Your Lawn and Garden
- Consumptive Use and Return Flows in Urban Lawn Water Use
- Seeding a Bluegrass Lawn
- Watering Established Lawns
- Home Landscape Watering During Drought
- Control of Annual Grassy Weeds in Lawns
- Broadleaf Weed Control in Lawns
- Buffalo Grass Lawns
- Kentucky Bluegrass for Colorado Lawns
- Water Requirements for Urban Lawns
- Planting and Maintaining Colorado Lawns
- Grass Planting Tips for Mountain Communities
- The Lawn Problem Solver (CD-Rom, available for checkout from our library)
Caring for Colorado Lawns
Maintaining green grass can sometimes be a challenge in Colorado, which is prone to drought. (In fact, in the early nineteenth century explorer Stephen Long called it the Great American Desert). Our library has a number of resources that can help you keep your lawn healthy and verdant. Check out these resources from the Colorado State University Extension, which provide information specific to Colorado lawns:
By Amy Zimmer - June 05, 2014
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
This coming Thursday, April 6, will mark the 100th anniversary of America's entry into World War I. Europe had been embroiled in the Gr...
Most Coloradans are aware that we have laws in our state that prohibit discrimination in places of public accommodation. But did you know t...
The health of children and youth is an important consideration in schools. Here are some resources available from our library to help educa...
Everyone knows about Colorado's famous women like Molly Brown and Baby Doe Tabor, but far less has been written about "ordinary&quo...