- Lawn Care
- Renovating the Home Lawn
- Homeowner's Guide to Fertilizing Your Lawn and Garden
- Consumptive Use and Return Flows in Urban Lawn Water Use
- Seeding a Bluegrass Lawn
- Watering Established Lawns
- Home Landscape Watering During Drought
- Control of Annual Grassy Weeds in Lawns
- Broadleaf Weed Control in Lawns
- Buffalo Grass Lawns
- Kentucky Bluegrass for Colorado Lawns
- Water Requirements for Urban Lawns
- Planting and Maintaining Colorado Lawns
- Grass Planting Tips for Mountain Communities
- The Lawn Problem Solver (CD-Rom, available for checkout from our library)
Caring for Colorado Lawns
Maintaining green grass can sometimes be a challenge in Colorado, which is prone to drought. (In fact, in the early nineteenth century explorer Stephen Long called it the Great American Desert). Our library has a number of resources that can help you keep your lawn healthy and verdant. Check out these resources from the Colorado State University Extension, which provide information specific to Colorado lawns:
By Amy Zimmer - June 05, 2014
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
It can't really be called a ghost town, because there's almost nothing left to mark the location of Caribou, Colorado, a silver mini...
In February 1942, during the height of WWII, President Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 , ordering the relocation and internment of Ame...