- Lawn Care
- Renovating the Home Lawn
- Homeowner's Guide to Fertilizing Your Lawn and Garden
- Consumptive Use and Return Flows in Urban Lawn Water Use
- Seeding a Bluegrass Lawn
- Watering Established Lawns
- Home Landscape Watering During Drought
- Control of Annual Grassy Weeds in Lawns
- Broadleaf Weed Control in Lawns
- Buffalo Grass Lawns
- Kentucky Bluegrass for Colorado Lawns
- Water Requirements for Urban Lawns
- Planting and Maintaining Colorado Lawns
- Grass Planting Tips for Mountain Communities
- The Lawn Problem Solver (CD-Rom, available for checkout from our library)
Caring for Colorado Lawns
Maintaining green grass can sometimes be a challenge in Colorado, which is prone to drought. (In fact, in the early nineteenth century explorer Stephen Long called it the Great American Desert). Our library has a number of resources that can help you keep your lawn healthy and verdant. Check out these resources from the Colorado State University Extension, which provide information specific to Colorado lawns:
By Amy Zimmer - June 05, 2014
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Many people are confused by what legally constitutes a service or assistance animal and how (or if) they need to be marked (such as a vest)....
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
It's been a mild and dry November and December -- but is this unusual for Colorado? How does this year compare to temperatures in Color...