- The Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs can help veterans find employment, health care, and additional resources.
- The Colorado Dept. of Human Services administers the State Veterans Home program. State Veterans Homes can be found in Aurora, Florence, Monte Vista/Homelake, Rifle, and Walsenburg.
- The Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment has a Veterans' Services webpage to help veterans with employment.
- The Division of Property Taxation offers information on the property tax exemption for disabled veterans.
- Finally, see the State of Colorado's Benefits for Veterans page for information on home loans, benefits for dependents and survivors, burial and memorial assistance, and more.
Today is Veteran's Day -- to all our veterans and active military out there, thank you for your service. The State of Colorado offers many resources for veterans:
By Amy Zimmer - November 11, 2013
If you've lived in Colorado for any length of time, chances are you own a copy of the Colorado Cache Cookbook or one of the other cookbo...
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Whether you're on a road trip or exploring your own neighborhood, roadside markers and "point of interest" signs are a fun way...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...