Additionally, the governor, Lt. Governor, and members of the American Red Cross and and the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) will annouce the all-new Prepare Colorado initiative at 2:00pm on Friday, Sept. 6. The announcement will take place on the steps of the State Capitol. Prepare Colorado encourages all citizens to take part in a step-by-step plan that will ensure better preparedness for everyone. A preparedness plan checklist can be found at www.redcross.org/Colorado.
There are numerous state publications and resources that can help citizens prepare for emergencies and disasters. www.Readycolorado.gov is a helpful, Colorado-specific, state-sponsored site that can help citizens, businesses, and government agencies plan and prepare. In addition, some useful state documents include:
- State of Colorado Emergency Operations Plan
- State of Colorado Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
- Colorado Rural Electric Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
- State of Colorado Emergency Resource Mobilization Plan
- Disaster Emergency Procedures Handbook for Colorado Local Governments
- Home Inventory Checklist
- Disaster Preparedness Strategies for Small Business
- State of Colorado Homeland Security Strategy
Finally, see the Colorado DHSEM's press release for more details on Prepare Colorado and National Preparedness Month in Colorado.