- State of Colorado Dam Safety Manual
- Dam Safety Project Review Guide
- State Engineer's Report to the General Assembly on Dam Safety
- Rules and Regulations for Dam Safety and Dam Construction
- Guide to Construction and Administration of Dams in Colorado
- Preparation Guidelines for Emergency Action Plans (specific to dams; addresses how to respond to dam emergencies)
One of the challenges brought on by the recent floods is damages to a number of Colorado dams. Dam safety in Colorado is overseen by the State Engineer's Office. Check out their 2013 Flood Information page. They have produced a number of resources to provide guidance on this important safety issue:
By Amy Zimmer - September 23, 2013
If you've lived in Colorado for any length of time, chances are you own a copy of the Colorado Cache Cookbook or one of the other cookbo...
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Whether you're on a road trip or exploring your own neighborhood, roadside markers and "point of interest" signs are a fun way...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...