- State of Colorado Dam Safety Manual
- Dam Safety Project Review Guide
- State Engineer's Report to the General Assembly on Dam Safety
- Rules and Regulations for Dam Safety and Dam Construction
- Guide to Construction and Administration of Dams in Colorado
- Preparation Guidelines for Emergency Action Plans (specific to dams; addresses how to respond to dam emergencies)
One of the challenges brought on by the recent floods is damages to a number of Colorado dams. Dam safety in Colorado is overseen by the State Engineer's Office. Check out their 2013 Flood Information page. They have produced a number of resources to provide guidance on this important safety issue:
By Amy Zimmer - September 23, 2013
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
This coming Thursday, April 6, will mark the 100th anniversary of America's entry into World War I. Europe had been embroiled in the Gr...
The health of children and youth is an important consideration in schools. Here are some resources available from our library to help educa...
Everyone knows about Colorado's famous women like Molly Brown and Baby Doe Tabor, but far less has been written about "ordinary&quo...
Buying Easter eggs this week? You may not realize that the eggs you buy must go through a rigorous inspection process by the Colorado Depar...