- State of Colorado Dam Safety Manual
- Dam Safety Project Review Guide
- State Engineer's Report to the General Assembly on Dam Safety
- Rules and Regulations for Dam Safety and Dam Construction
- Guide to Construction and Administration of Dams in Colorado
- Preparation Guidelines for Emergency Action Plans (specific to dams; addresses how to respond to dam emergencies)
One of the challenges brought on by the recent floods is damages to a number of Colorado dams. Dam safety in Colorado is overseen by the State Engineer's Office. Check out their 2013 Flood Information page. They have produced a number of resources to provide guidance on this important safety issue:
By Amy Zimmer - September 23, 2013
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
A jet crosses the runway over I-70 at Stapleton International Airport in 1969. Photo courtesy History Colorado . In honor of National A...
Travel between Denver and Boulder in just 8 minutes? It could become a reality. Yesterday the Colorado Department of Transportation rele...