- State of Colorado Dam Safety Manual
- Dam Safety Project Review Guide
- State Engineer's Report to the General Assembly on Dam Safety
- Rules and Regulations for Dam Safety and Dam Construction
- Guide to Construction and Administration of Dams in Colorado
- Preparation Guidelines for Emergency Action Plans (specific to dams; addresses how to respond to dam emergencies)
One of the challenges brought on by the recent floods is damages to a number of Colorado dams. Dam safety in Colorado is overseen by the State Engineer's Office. Check out their 2013 Flood Information page. They have produced a number of resources to provide guidance on this important safety issue:
By Amy Zimmer - September 23, 2013
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
2017 is turning out to be a historic year for hurricane activity in the U.S., as the Gulf Coast works to recover from Hurricane Harvey and t...
Colorado's state-funded colleges and universities support veterans and active-duty servicemembers in a variety of ways, from tuition b...