You may be familiar with some of the historic architecture in Colorado, but how much do you know about the architects who designed the famous buildings? You can learn about Colorado's talented architects by visiting the State Office of Archaeology & Historic Preservation's Architects of Colorado Biographical Series. Here's some trivia with just a few interesting facts you can find in this helpful online resource:
1) Which future Colorado architect helped rebuild Chicago after the disastrous 1871 fire?
2) Which architect went broke in the panic of 1893 and died after being hit by a train?
3) Which architect is interred in the Fairmount Mausoleum, which he designed?
4) Whose building featured the "hyperbolic paraboloid" in front?
5) Who designed the State Office Building (where the State Publications Library is located), as well as the courthouses for Weld, Jackson, and Moffat Counties?
Click here for the answers.
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
Many people are confused by what legally constitutes a service or assistance animal and how (or if) they need to be marked (such as a vest)....
It's been a mild and dry November and December -- but is this unusual for Colorado? How does this year compare to temperatures in Color...