- Child Abuse: Information for School Employees
- Child Abuse and Neglect: An Introductory Manual for Professionals and Paraprofessionals
- Child Abuse and Prevention
- Preventing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Child Abuse and Neglect Cases in the Colorado Courts, 1996-2000
- Comparing Abuse/Neglect Fatality Characteristics to General Child Welfare Population Characteristics
Child Welfare Investigation
Recently the Denver Post and 9 News commenced a large investigation of the state's child welfare system (read the Post series here.) Currently the Colorado Dept. of Human Services (CDHS)'s homepage has listed all of the documents they provided to the two media agencies; also, you can find more at CDHS's Child Welfare Division website. The media invesigatio focuses on the issues of child abuse and child fatalities. In 2007 the CDHS published a Child Maltreatment Fatality Report. You can find various other recent resources on child abuse and child welfare in our library, including:
By Amy Zimmer - November 13, 2012
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
Everyone knows about Colorado's famous women like Molly Brown and Baby Doe Tabor, but far less has been written about "ordinary&quo...
This coming Thursday, April 6, will mark the 100th anniversary of America's entry into World War I. Europe had been embroiled in the Gr...
In 1885, there were 2,840.51 miles of railroad track in Colorado. That year, W.B. Felker, the State Railroad Commissioner, issued his first...
Beginning this year the State of Colorado has expanded its efforts to encourage consumers to "take back" their unwanted medication...