- Child Abuse: Information for School Employees
- Child Abuse and Neglect: An Introductory Manual for Professionals and Paraprofessionals
- Child Abuse and Prevention
- Preventing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Child Abuse and Neglect Cases in the Colorado Courts, 1996-2000
- Comparing Abuse/Neglect Fatality Characteristics to General Child Welfare Population Characteristics
Child Welfare Investigation
Recently the Denver Post and 9 News commenced a large investigation of the state's child welfare system (read the Post series here.) Currently the Colorado Dept. of Human Services (CDHS)'s homepage has listed all of the documents they provided to the two media agencies; also, you can find more at CDHS's Child Welfare Division website. The media invesigatio focuses on the issues of child abuse and child fatalities. In 2007 the CDHS published a Child Maltreatment Fatality Report. You can find various other recent resources on child abuse and child welfare in our library, including:
By Amy Zimmer - November 13, 2012
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
Before 1972, when Memorial Day began being celebrated on the last Monday in May, Memorial Day was traditionally held on May 30. The holiday...
Bees are essential pollinators that ensure our being able to grow fruits, vegetables, and flowers -- yet bee populations have been decreasin...