The University of Colorado's Natural Hazards Center, meanwhile, studies the human and sociological impact of all kinds of disasters, including hurricanes. They publish a number of short research studies; some that relate to hurricanes in the area currently affected by Sandy include:
- Collection of Satellite-Referenced Building Damage Information in the Aftermath of Hurricane Charley
- Examination of the American Red Cross and FEMA Following Hurricanes Charley and Ivan
- An Analysis of the Socioeconomic Impact of Hurricane Floyd and Related Flooding on Students at East Carolina University
- Impact of Hurricane Bonnie, August 1998: North Carolina and Virginia...
- Map Use During and After Hurricane Andrew
- The Public Policy Response to Hurricane Hugo in South Carolina