- Attitudes on Altitude: Pioneers of Medical Research in Colorado's High Mountains
- Dr. Charles David Spivak: A Jewish Immigrant and the American Tuberculosis Movement
- For a Child's Sake: History of the Children's Hospital, Denver, Colorado, 1919-1990
- The University of Colorado School of Medicine: A Millennial History
- A Medical Gentleman: James J. Waring, M.D.
- The University of Colorado School of Medicine: A Centennial History, 1883-1983
- Health in Colorado: The First 100 Years
History of Colorado Medicine
Colorado has a long history of medical care and innovations, with many of the state's early settlers choosing Colorado for it's "climate cure" of consumption (tuberculosis) and other respiratory diseases rampant in the eastern U.S. Today, Colorado is recognized as having several of the nation's leading research hospitals, including the University of Colorado Medical Center and National Jewish Hospital. This is also a time for extensive growth of hospitals as well. In Denver, both St. Joseph's Hospital and National Jewish Hospital are expanding, St. Anthony's Central Hospital is moving to a new site near the Denver Federal Center, and in the last several years Children's Hospital and Univeristy of Colorado Hospital have moved into the innovative new Anschutz Medical Campus. So if you're interested in finding out about these institutions beginnings, as well as early health care practices in our state, we have a number of publications here in our library dealing with the history of medicine in Colorado, including:
By Amy Zimmer - April 14, 2011
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
If you've been following local news lately, you've heard that human-bear conflicts are on the rise; according to the Denver Post , a...
According to the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), more than 26,000 people are arrested for a DUI each year. This includes both...