- Meet Municipal and Industrial Demands
- Meet Agricultural Demands
- Meet Colorado's Environmental and Recreational Demands
- Promote Cooperation Between Water Supply Planners and Land User Planners
- Promote More Cooperation Among all Colorado Water Users
- Optimize Existing and Future Water Supplies
- Promote Cost-Effectiveness
- Minimize the Net Energy Used to Supply Water
- Protect Cultural Values Linked to Water Resources
- Provide Operational Flexibility and Coordinated Infrastructure
- Promote Increased Fairness When Water is Moved Between Areas
- Comply with all Applicable Laws and Regulations
- Educate all Coloradoans on the Importance and Scarcity of Water
Skiiers are not the only ones carefully watching the snow totals up in the high country. Winter snow amounts have a great effect on the water supply for Colorado communities. The Colorado Water Conservation Board has released a draft report from the Statewide Water Supply Initiative which identifies Colorado's current and future water needs, and provides recommendations and strategies to meet those needs. Colorado's population is projected to nearly double by 2050. Passive conservation will not be able to meet future water needs. The SWSI report has 16 recommendations for addressing the predicted gap between needs and water supply, along with the following objectives:
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
If you've lived in Colorado for any length of time, chances are you own a copy of the Colorado Cache Cookbook or one of the other cookbo...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Are you frustrated with the number of unwanted phone calls you receive? The No Call List has been in place for nearly two decades now, but ...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...