- Technology Careers What jobs should people interested in IT careers focus on filling in 2011? The presentation will discuss the "hot jobs"
- Get Into Water: Careers In the Water Industry This workshop provides an introduction to the careers available with utilities, cities, counties and special districts in positions such as engineering, management, customer service and operations.
- How To Apply for Federal Jobs This workshop will help job seekers through the maze and increase their chances of finding the right job and getting it.
- Green Jobs This workshop provides an overview of the industries and occupations that make up green jobs (such as solar, wind, renewable energy and clean energy) and offers tips on how you can start the search to find your dream green job.
- Franchising Pros and Cons Is owning a franchise right for you? This workshop provides an insider's look at the pros and cons of working a franchise operation.
- Telework This workshop presents the reality of telework, e-commuting and working at home. It shows how to get the job that works for you - and the job offers you should avoid.
Job and Resource Fair
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment is hosting the E-3 Job and Resource Fair at the Convention Center September 9th. The event runs from 10am to 3pm and includes workshops, resume critiquing and the chance to meet with representatives from over 80 businesses. According to an article at 9news.com some of the workshops include:
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
Friday, April 27 is Arbor Day, a day for encouraging the planting of trees and celebrating their importance. Today, Arbor Day is somewhat o...
Today we often think of early settlers coming to Colorado seeking wealth, but in fact, just as many -- if not more -- were seeking health. ...
This is the time of year when many Coloradans are looking forward to getting back out on the hiking trails. It's also the time of yea...