- Vranesh's Colorado Water Law. This chunky book is usually considered the resource on water law in Colorado. But, if you're looking for something a little easier to digest, try
- Synopsis of Colorado Water Law. This little booklet is designed for the lay person to understand Colorado's complicated water laws.
- If you're involved in a legal issue concerning water, see Non-Attorney's Guidebook to Colorado Water Courts, published by the Colorado Supreme Court.
- CSU has produced a Glossary of Water Terminology as well as Colorado Citizens' Water Law Handbook and Water Quality and Water Rights in Colorado.
- Check out the richly illustrated Citizen's Guide to Colorado Water Law, produced by the Colorado Foundation for Water Education, available for checkout from our library.
- Also, the Natural Resources Law Center of the CU-Boulder Law School has issued a number of publications relating to water law, including Groundwater Law Sourcebook of the Western United States; Negotiating High Stakes Water Conflicts; Water and the American West; Controlling Water Use; The Connection Between Water Quality and Water Quantity; Emerging Forces in Western Water Law; Values and Western Water; Water and the Cities of the Southwest; Water Rights Decisions in the Western States; and Water and Growth in Colorado: A Review of Legal and Policy Issues.
Water is one of the most important issues in the West, and is the subject of many complicated laws. If you're trying to understand Colorado's water laws, here are some good places to start:
By Amy Zimmer - November 24, 2009
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
Colorado's state-funded colleges and universities support veterans and active-duty servicemembers in a variety of ways, from tuition b...
It can't really be called a ghost town, because there's almost nothing left to mark the location of Caribou, Colorado, a silver mini...