- Sacred Objects and Sacred Places: Preserving Tribal Traditions
- The Last War Trail: The Utes and the Settlement of Colorado
- The Ute Indians of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico
- Colorado Ute Legacy (video)
- Cheyenne Dog Soldiers: A Ledgerbook History of Coups and Combat
- The Anasazi of Mesa Verde and the Four Corners
- Excavation and Analysis of a Human Burial (5AM1733) Along the 120th Avenue Extension Near Northglenn
- Twenty-Five Year Report of the Colorado Commission of Indian Affairs
- Colorado Directory of American Indian Resources
- Report of Native American Sacred Lands Forum
- Archaeological Investigations and Wolf Spider Shelter
- In the Shadow of the Rocks: Archaeology of the Chimney Rock District in Southern Colorado
- The Battle of Beecher Island and the Indian War of 1867-1869
- Archaic Period Architectural Sites in Colorado
- Prehistoric Paleo-Indian Cultures of the Colorado Plains
- The Process of Decision-Making in Tribal Courts
- Indian Water Rights in the West: A Study
- Cheyenne Texts: An Introduction to Cheyenne Literature
- Southern Ute Lands, 1848-1899: The Creation of a Reservation
- The Indians of Colorado
Colorado's Native Americans
Colorado has a rich history of Native Americans, including plains tribes like the Arapaho and Cheyenne in eastern Colorado, the mountain Ute tribes in western Colorado, and the Ancestral Puebloan peoples (formerly called Anasazi) down in the four-corners region. Our library has many resources available to those researching the history and archaeology of Colorado's first residents. Some of the titles in our collection include:
By Amy Zimmer - September 11, 2008
One of the great novelists of the twentieth century, James A. Michener, set one of his best-known novels right here in Colorado. Michener ...
At our library we often get questions about where to find a listing of salaries for state-funded university faculty and staff. Many univers...
January 21 has been designated Squirrel Appreciation Day (I don't make this stuff up). The cute, fuzzy creatures with their amusing acr...
A jet crosses the runway over I-70 at Stapleton International Airport in 1969. Photo courtesy History Colorado . In honor of National A...
One of the popular topics these days in the world of professional historians is the age of American Progressivism, generally regarded as app...